Saturday, August 8, 2009

Decatur General Hospital - June 30th, 2009

You got sick on a Sunday evening after a day at the pool. Your temperature went up to 104.5 and I was in a near panic. It came down slightly after Tylenol but rose up again quickly the next morning. Monday we went to the doctor and found out you had pneumonia. We tried a night of antibiotics, but they didn’t work. Your temperature remained high. The next morning you were admitted to Decatur General Hospital. The hardest moment of my life so far is watching your small body look so helpless and sick and listen to you cry as they gave you the IV. You were brave, though, and we spent a lot of time singing songs, coloring, and watching Disney princess movies. You also became a fan of Meerkat Manor on Animal Planet. By Thursday, they let us go home. Amazingly, you healed rather quickly and by Friday afternoon you were back to your wonderful self. I am so happy you are feeling better and please don’t scare me again! Really, though, if any silver lining can be found, it’s that I got to spend two days holding my baby girl and giving you lots of kisses. What’s better than that?

No comments:

Post a Comment