Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day - 2009

Happy Valentine's Day baby girl. It wasn't much of a celebration, I'm afraid. You woke up very early Wednesday (Feb. 11th) with the stomach flu. I stayed home with you Wednesday and Thursday, and Daddy stayed with you Friday. In addition to the stomach flu that included poo poo, you had a bad cough and runny nose. Friday night (Feb. 13th) I woke up with the stomach flu and don't remember much of actual Valentine's Day. Daddy was our hero (as always) and took care of the both of us. He bought us flowers and a cookie cake. I didn't get around to giving you and Daddy your presents until today.

It may have not been a glamorous or exciting Valentine's Day, but I think it shows the true nature of Love. You wanted to make me feel better, so last night you lied on the couch with me and rubbed my belly and asked if it still hurt. Daddy did everything he could to make sure we both were well taken care of. It doesn't always take cards, gifts, or exciting events to show someone you love him or her. It only matters what you do to make them feel special when they need it most.

P.S. After all the work Daddy did over the past few days, he has now cought the same flu. Now we get to show him how much we love him, as well. Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Aww poor sweetie pie! And poor Mommy & Daddy too!

    I agree with your mama on this one, Miss Riley. I'd choose the man who loves me enough to hold my hair back over all the diamonds in the world.

    ReplyDelete